The likelihood that you and your family will recover from an emergency tomorrow often depends on the planning and preparation done today.
Some things you can do to prepare for the unexpected, such as assembling an emergency supply kit and making an emergency plan are the same, regardless of the type of emergency. However, it's important to stay informed about what might happen and know what types of emergencies are likely to affect your region. For more information about specific types of emergencies, tune in to your local radio and television stations and visit www.ready.gov or call 1-800-BE-READY.
- Alabama Emergency Management Agency
- Montgomery Emergency Management Agency
- Flood Safety
- Food and Water in an Emergency
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Preparing Makes Sense - People with Disabilities/Special Needs
- Preparing Makes Sense - Senior Citizens
- Preparing Makes Sense - Make a Plan
- Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies
- Severe Weather Information Sheet
- Tornado Safety Guide