If your boat was manufactured after 1972, you must have a 12-character Hull ID Number (HIN). A photo or pencil tracing must be provided to correct the HIN. If you cannot locate the HIN, you may click the link below to print a Hull ID Number Application. Completed applications should be submitted to the address on the application form. If you do not have a 12-character HIN, you must wait until the state assigns one to register your vessel.
For more information, you may visit the website of the Alabama Department of Conservation or contact the Marine Police Division at 1 (800) 272-7930.
You may renew your boat registration by using any of the following options. You must have liability insurance in order to register your vehicle.
In order to minimize processing time, please present your tag renewal notice, previous registration receipt, or tag number and your Alabama driver license or non-driver ID. Renewals can be processed at any of our (4) locations:
Courthouse Annex III
101 South Lawrence Street
3075 Mobile Highway
Eastmont Shopping Center
5449 Atlanta Highway
- Renew by mail (no additional fee) by following the instructions on your renewal notice.
- For assistance call (334) 262-4226.
- Information contained on the renewal notice is required for internet renewal.
- Renew Online (no additional fee)
- To check the status of an internet renewal, please call (334) 262-4226.