Meet Chairman Elton N. Dean, Sr.
Chairman Elton N. Dean, Sr. was initially elected to the Montgomery County Commission in November 2000. He was re-elected for a second term in 2004 and for a third term in 2008. He was elected Vice Chairman at the Commission's organizational meeting on November 9, 2004 and then elected to the position of Chairman in March, 2009.
He is married to the former Lillie Hardy and they have three children, Dawneese Bowen, Elton "Deno" Dean, Jr., and Brandon Dean. He is the son of Dr. and Mrs. William Johnson.
- George Washington Carver High School
- Selma University, A.S., General Studies
- Alabama State University, B.S., Business/Economics
- American Real Estate Institute
- Western Electric/AT&T/Lucent Technologies Corporate Education Center
- Retired manager of Western Electric/AT&T/Lucent technologies (25 years)
- Former manager of Firestone Tire and Rubber Company
- Owner, Dean Realty and 21st Century Hair Studio
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Alabama State University
- Executive Board Member, South Central Alabama Boys and Girls Club
- Board Member, Montgomery Improvement Association
- Board Member, Cleveland Avenue YMCA
- Board Member, Kershaw YMCA
- Board Member, Alabama Shakespeare Festival
- Member, Montgomery Chamber Committee of 100
- Member, Central Alabama Community Foundation
- Chairman of Trustee Board and mass choir member, Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Commissioner, Central Alabama Amateur Baseball League
- Commissioner, Southern League Dixie Youth Baseball
Elton N. Dean, Sr.