Online Sales/Use Tax
If you are currently setup to Electronically File State of Alabama Sales / Use Taxes via the Internet click on the following link.
Adobe Acrobat files require the Acrobat Reader. The Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the Acrobat symbol to download the free Acrobat viewer.
You can setup your current State of Alabama City / County Local Taxes
Internet Return (form 9501) to include Montgomery County by simply
following these easy steps:
1. Log in to the Alabama Department of Revenue's e-filing site.
2. From the Main Menu, select the City / County Local Taxes Return (form 9501).
3. Click the Add / Delete Localities button and choose Montgomery County from the Choose Locality page.
4. Choose the Tax Type(s) and Rate Type(s) for which you owe
Montgomery County tax.
5. Enter your Montgomery County local eight-digit taxpayer id number assigned to you by Montgomery County in the Jurisdiction Account Number field of the City / County Local Taxes Return.
6. Complete the City / County Local Taxes Return that now includes Montgomery County taxes.
7. Enter your bank information on the Make Payment page, i.e. bank routing number, bank account number, select checking or savings, and the e-filing system will initiate your EFT ACH Debit Method payment for you. Note: If you are pre-approved to make your payment via EFT ACH Credit Method, you will by pass this page as you are required to initiate your EFT payment directly with your financial institution. (Online filers that have a DEBIT BLOCK on the payment bank account will need to provide the bank with the Montgomery County Company ID number debit block authorization code of 9008254265. This will ensure that generating bank will allow the tax payment(s) to be processed without rejection. Any rejected payment will be subject to a “failure to timely pay” penalty.)
8. Once you authorize your payment, you will receive a Confirmation page providing you with your confirmation number and a copy of your submitted return. Please retain this page for your records.