How To Appeal 



Appeals of property values in Montgomery County must be received in writing and post marked within 30-days of the mailing date stated on the valuation notice.  

Please mail all appeals to: 

The Montgomery County Board of Equalization
131 S. Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama  36104 

Information necessary in your written appeal: 

(1) If complaint is filed by anyone other than the property owner a signed Letter of Authorization must accompany your appeal;

(2) State the purpose for the appeal;

(3) Identify the parcel (s);

(4) Attach supporting evidence for consideration;

  • recent appraisals (within last two years);
  • listing/sales contracts;
  • expired listings;
  • engineering reports;
  • soil/water testing reports;
  • land conservation reports;
  • Realtors CMA reports;
  • photographs;
  • repair receipts;
  • contractor estimates;
  • income/expense statements; three year history-itemized;
  • rent rolls;
  • leases and more!

(5) Include contact name, phone number and/or email address; and

(6) Date and sign the written appeal.

For more information on valuation/assessment objections see Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 40-7-25.