How To Appeal
HOW TO APPEAL
Appeals of property values in Montgomery County must be received in writing and post marked within 30-days of the mailing date stated on the valuation notice.
Please mail all appeals to:
The Montgomery County Board of Equalization
131 S. Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Information necessary in your written appeal:
(1) If complaint is filed by anyone other than the property owner a signed Letter of Authorization must accompany your appeal;
(2) State the purpose for the appeal;
(3) Identify the parcel (s);
(4) Attach supporting evidence for consideration;
- recent appraisals (within last two years);
- listing/sales contracts;
- expired listings;
- engineering reports;
- soil/water testing reports;
- land conservation reports;
- Realtors CMA reports;
- repair receipts;
- contractor estimates;
- income/expense statements; three year history-itemized;
- rent rolls;
- leases and more!
(5) Include contact name, phone number and/or email address; and
(6) Date and sign the written appeal.
For more information on valuation/assessment objections see Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 40-7-25.